- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NEWS: JUNE 2017
Wabasha County SHIP has contracted with the American Lung Association of Minnesota (ALAMN) and its staff has obtained tobacco licensing information for communities in Wabasha County.
The following will be addressed during this grant cycle...
To build support for Point of Sale (POS) policy change in Wabasha County.
To educate and engage the community on tobacco products, youth usage, and other state and community data to support the need for change.
1. ALAMN will work with Wabasha County SHIP staff to raise awareness around the need for POS policy change by:
- Engaging the CLT in determining priority policy initiatives and populations
- Educating the community
- Building the support of community leaders
2. ALAMN will submit a monthly report to Wabasha County identifying progress, barriers and success stories.
3. ALAMN will provide tracking of all work including a database of community members met through one on ones and presentations.