- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NEWS: JUNE 2017
Seeking partner success stories.
We’re looking for photos, quotes and stories from partners receiving grant funds in order to demonstrate success in Wabasha County.
Technical assistance and financial support for health improvement efforts that align with SHIP goals have received and approved from the Minnesota Department of Health which oversees Wabasha SHIP.
If you’re a partner who has received grant funding since February 24, 2017 and have not yet sent us your story and photos, please submit to Tina Moen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Saint Elizabeth’s received SHIP support to create dedicated lactation rooms for our employees. Funding was used to furnish and equip our lactation spaces so breastfeeding moms have the resources they need to continue breastfeeding when they return to work. We are grateful for the partnership of SHIP to advance our worksite wellness initiatives.”
- Jenny Schlagenhaft, Director Community Relations, Saint Elizabeth’s Medical Center
“SHIP will brighten the future of our young children. I am proud to be part of this program and cannot wait to teach my knowledge to the youngsters in my care.”
- Stacey Kruger, child care provider
Examples of how we work together:
- We partner with Wabasha County schools to promote healthy eating through the Farm-to-School program, school-based agriculture and healthy snack carts.
- We partner with sites that work with farmers markets, emergency food systems, community-based agriculture and food policy councils.
- We provide kits to child care providers who attend trainings to learn best practices in healthy eating, physical activity and support for breastfeeding.
$55,000 in mini-grants have been awarded to the following partners during this grant cycle November 1, 2016 to October 31, 2017:
Worksite Wellness Strategy
- Lake City School District-Bluffview Elementary
- Saint Elizabeth’s Medical Center
Fernbrook Family Center
Community Healthy Eating & Active Living Strategies
- City of Wabasha
- Great River Ridge Trail Committee
- Lake City Market By The Lake
- Plainview Public Library
- SEMMCHRA (Maple Gove Apartments)
- Wabasha Farmers Market
Wabasha Area Food Shelf
- Lake City School District-Lincoln High
- Wabasha-Kellogg School District
- Zumbrota-Mazeppa Elementary
- Saint Elizabeth’s Medical Center on Behalf of the Senior Action Team
Wondering how to partner with us and apply for a mini-grant?
To begin, please contact Wabasha County SHIP Coordinator Tina Moen at email@example.com to discuss your project, grant cycle, deadlines and more. View and download our mini-grant application then complete the interactive pdf and email it to Tina Moen at firstname.lastname@example.org
View mini-grant application